Metropolitan Christian University of Chicago is a leader in distance education. We are members of several Ecclesiastical Accrediting Associations, and have received the endorsement and recognition of several denominations, church groups and fellowships.
While we maintain that we are an openly Christian school of higher learning, we offer our students the opportunity to apply what they have already learned and accomplished through prior study, personal study, and professional experience and guided learning towards their education through the Life Experience Program.
Metropolitan Christian University of Chicago operates on a session system. The unit for counting credit is as follows:
Each session consists of twelve (12) classes within a six (6) week period of time.
Students are responsible for attending lectures twice per week.
Each student is responsible for the completion of all homework, projects and required reading that is assigned through the course syllabus and by the instructor.
Upon completion of the required lectures, reading, homework, project(s), quizzes and final exam, the student earns 3 credits for the completion of the course.
Course Completion Date:
Each student is required to complete the requirements for each course within the allotted time frame (Session). Failure to complete the requirements on time will result in an automatic reduction in grade by one grade. Students may be granted an extension of one to two weeks. However, the granting of an extension is under the discretion of the instructor.
All honors (if applicable) will appear on the official transcript only. No honors will appear on the degrees earned by student.
|3.95 – 4.0||Suma Cum Laude|
|3.75 – 3.94||Magna Cum Laude|
|3.50 – 3.74||Cum Laude|
Grade Appeal Process:
If a student feels that there is an error on their grade report, they must begin the appeal process within thirty days of receiving the grade report. After thirty days the grade is considered final and is not subject to appeal by the student or any third party.
Metropolitan Christian University of Chicago is not responsible for lost tests, projects, etc. Please be sure to make a copy of all material prior to submitting material to Metropolitan Christian University for grading or evaluation.
If there is a specific problem with the course content, the Registrar’s Office of Metropolitan Christian University of Chicago should be notified immediately.
Course Repeating Policy:
Students desiring to repeat a course for the purpose of having the first grade removed from the cumulative grade point average must follow these procedures:
- A course may be repeated once at no additional charge if the student receives a grade of less than “C”.
- A course may be repeated for an additional charge if the student receives a “C” or higher.
- The second grade, in all circumstances, replaces the first grade for the purpose of calculating the cumulative grade point average.
Any student receiving an “F” or “I” must contact the Registrar’s Office for further instructions. No student will be allowed to graduate with an “F” or “I” in a required course. Any undergraduate student receiving three “F’s” will be placed on academic probation. Any graduate student receiving two “F’s” will be placed on academic probation.
If a student has completed a course that is required in his or her program of study, the student may request a change of course. The student must have received a grade of “C” or better on the previously completed course, and the course must have been offered on the same level (i.e. Bachelor, Master, and Doctorate) as the required MCUC course. MCUC reserves the right to require any course regardless of a student’s previous courses.
Associates Degree – requires the completion of 60 credit hours
Bachelors Degree – requires the completion of 120 credit hours
Masters Degree – program specific requirements
Doctorate Degree – program specific requirements
The Office of the Registrar must approve all candidates applying for graduation. Contact the Office of the Registrar to apply for graduation.
The format of MCUC transcripts is as follows:
- All courses taken at MCUC will be listed with the course number, course name, course grade, course hours, and quality points.
- All transfer hours will be listed by total hours transferred into and accepted by MCUC. No course names, course numbers, or grades will appear for transfer hours.
- All courses taken will be listed in order of completion, as appropriate.
- Degree earned and date of program completion will appear on each transcript.
- Honors earned, if any, will appear on the transcript.
- No alterations will be made to transcript formats by MCUC. The format is fixed for all students.
- No transcript will be issued until all financial, administrative, and academic requirements have been fully met by the student.
All students requesting transcripts must request the transcript in writing, including a handwritten signature. Requests must be received by traditional mail.